Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter, Folks.

I had a delightful holiday weekend.

It started on Friday- which turned out to be a "Good Friday" indeed. The ole boss let us out of work early and Tiff and I ended up going to the free MySpace Franz Ferdinand show at Hammerstein. Such fun. They put on a good show. The best part was all of the teeny bopper girl superfans...at one point, the band invited fans onstage to sing along with them and I got mauled by like 25 squealing teenagers...I thought I might be trampled to death...It was worth it though, because I got to see this girl up on stage:





Yes, the girl in the white...hilarious. I guess it isn't fully apparent from the pictures, but this girl thought she was the star of the show- and, you know what, she was. She had on bright red lipstick and was vamping it up like all get out. You go girl! I know this makes it obvious that I'm a horrible person. I'm not making fun at all, I swear, I just loved how into it she was.

Friday was topped off with a brilliant FC Kitchen Sink win on the soccer turf and a very bizarre party-going experience. Don't ask.

Debbie was in town yesterday, and I pretty much spent the entire day eating and wandering aimlessly in the amazing weather...ending in a rousing game of Scattergories at Meredith's house, which I obviously won. Oh yeah, and I finally did my taxes...oops.

Easter was celebrated today with a yummy meal at Stuart's, followed by a trip to the roof of Katie's gallery. Lots of good food and mimosas were consumed-- and look! You could see our soccer field from the roof!







PS- Meredith and Jill hosted a lovely Passover Seder on Wednesday night. Here are pics:











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! My sister found your sight while looking at pictures of me from the show... I'm glad you enjoyed my little performance lol. I was just slain in the Franz spirit :) Thanks for writing about it! I hope you had a great time too!

-The Chick with the White Shirt

Anonymous said...

How about the stiff with the black shirt next to the girl in white; is he having a seizure or something? This site always gives me a laugh.