Monday, July 02, 2007

The sausage memorial Saturday at Moonshine was a rousing success!

But, really, how could a sausage memorial NOT be a success?

We had a good turnout, and even managed to get a couple guests that weren't somehow related to us or our friends - that pretty much made my life. Sad but true.

Heather and Keil kindly went to Fairway and got a buttload of food for the occasion and we got there early to set up. Moonshine kindly let us takeover the back patio for the evening.



It's all about the little touches...I printed out pictures of Ralph Stayer and Bob Evans and made a little shrine to them. I also put out biographical handouts...



...Oh yes, and sympathy cards to be signed and sent to the companies (I highly recommend clicking on that photo and reading the messages. Brilliant.)...



...and I made t-shirts - which came out in VERY limited edition because I ruined the iron on the 4th one...Yes, that's a sad face with a sausage frown.



We went a little overboard with pork products...



Apparently the irish like their brats with a "wee bit 'o garlic"



We had pretty much the entire Johnsonville & Bob Evans product lines. Tunes were provided by the awesome radio cooler.



Can you think of a sight more beautiful?



Keil took the helm...



..And soon everyone was enjoying some good old-fashioned encased meat. Mmmmm.













1 comment:

EmD said...

Oh wow. My oh my. Lordy B. I'd give my right pinky to go back in time and be there for that. My favorite note on the card: "Your sausage is salty and so are my tears..." Sam, you are one classy broad, way to throw a party.