Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sunday night we had a little dinner party to mourn the loss of Julia (she's moving out of our apartment and in with her boyfriend). I was already going through BBQ withdrawal and also wanted to share my wondrous epicurian jaunt through North Carolina with the gang, so I made a slow-cooked pork shoulder, long and lean hushpuppies (my new favorite thing in the world) and some Western Carolina slaw. Western Carolina slaw is like regular cole slaw except it has a little bit of ketchup and bbq sauce in it. MMMMMmmm. A big success all around, I'd say.

Did you know a whole pork shoulder only costs $6.10? If they didn't take ten hours to cook, I'd be making at least one a week from now on.



Don't worry, there were veggies involved too.



Hushpuppy dough.



Hushpuppies (or as I like to call them "Fried Gold").



Let's just take a look at one last beauty shot of that pork...



DAAAaaaang, Gina.

No comments: