Thursday, January 03, 2008

How I Spent My Christmas Vacation
(Part 3)

By Sam

I was only home for a week this Christmas, but it felt like a whole month. Spending time with my family and friends made me realize just how old I'm getting. Yeah, I know, 26 isn't really that old in the long run, but it sure feels that way at the moment. You see, my dear friend Haley, whom I've known since the days of scrunch socks and Pocket Rockers, got married last weekend. She looked so beautiful walking down the aisle it made me a teary mess. Yes, underneath this cold, calculating exterior I'm a hopeless romantic. I got all misty when the Priest delivered his message about how we all are just looking for someone "who loves us for exactly who we are"- even if it was directly lifted from the movie Juno. However, there were some laughs as well. Such as when said priest had us pray for the "young, lonely people." Alas, I was ultimately reminded how old I don't look at the reception as the bartender carded me and exclaimed "You've got to be kidding me!" when she got a look at my age. All gussied up with full makeup she told me I didn't even look twenty. So I guess it doesn't really matter how old I feel because everyone thinks I'm still a teeny bopper anyway.

And now for pictures:

Meghan's dad got us a limo and it felt like we were going to prom. We made the driver drop us off way in the back of the parking lot because we were a bit nervous about upstaging the bridal party.



The happy couple:



One down, four to go...



Tracee and Wes may be next...



I always thought that it would be nice to have a winter wedding. The Christmas decorations were a festive touch.



Haley's cousin was a dance machine.



Lauren and I have been friends for almost 20 years. Craziness.





Didn't Haley make a pretty bride?

No comments: