Saturday, June 28, 2008

After staring at it from my living room for three years, today I finally stepped foot on Governor's Island.

There was some sort of arts festival going on which we took very seriously...



and along with the arts came some "arty" people (read: bizarre).

Apparently I'm not the only one into hula hooping. It's so hot right now.



The main draw for us was this free putt putt course. Sadly, it was pretty crowded & frequented by a woman who decided underwear was optional and pieces of cloth wrapped around the waist count as clothing...but it will be up all summer.





I also got up close and personal with one of the new waterfalls. I had seen the others on a bike ride this morning, so I can officially check that one off the list.



Another thing I got to check off the list? David Byrne's "Playing the Building" - which conveniently kept us out of the insane downpour.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the lady in the first picture is stunning. :-)