Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sweet Jesus, I love karaoke.

Lisa had an impromptu Birthday party Saturday night at Biny and it was insanely fun. I've never done karaoke in a private room and, I must say, it's pretty awesome. I've never been shy about singing in front of strangers, but in a private room, all your shy friends really let themselves go and it's hilarious to watch. Watching my sister's husband shake what his mama gave him while singing along to eighties metal...priceless. We were there from 9pm until 3:30 in the morning. Needless to say: I'm a little hoarse.





I think this was Katie's Cher impression for "If I Could Turn Back Time."



Keil sings like an angry German.





I believe this was me singing Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back"- pretty much my favorite karaoke song ever.



Our song selections ranged from "Must Have Been Love" to "Funky Cold Medina."



My favorite part of this picture is the sign on the side that says "No Standing on the Furniture." As you might notice in future pictures, we didn't so much follow the rules...










Nothing like a little booty dancing in the privacy of your own room...



I introduced the gang to a little gem by Destiny's Child entitled "Nasty Girl." If you haven't heard it, I highly suggest you download it immediately. It was such a crowd favorite that we did it twice.



Ah, nothing more touching than a couple of sisters singing "You Shook Me All Night Long"

No comments: