Sunday, May 13, 2007

Whew. 'Twas a marathon day yesterday.

I started with an early run & then got to preparing for our 1987 Summer School party (as in the movie with Mark Harmon). I decided to go with a nostalgic school lunch theme for snacks and bought a whole lot of Hostess, Little Debbie and Drake's baked goods.

Life was just a bowl of Twinkies.





AND what would a party be without streamers?



Then it was off to my sister's for a BBQ in honor of Keil's Birthday. They had a keg. It was Lisa's first experience with a keg (hey, we went to Columbia, what do you expect?).



My sister made her own pulled pork.



It was so delicious we couldn't keep our hands off it.



There were also burgers, mac & cheese, cole slaw, gauc (made by me), and other tasty goodness.



Linus kept trying to steal our food and beer, but Katie gave her a talking to.



Then we took the keg on over to my place (a sober man drove it over) and changed into our 1987 gear.



We broke out the old school Nintendo for the occasion. Kung Fu is kind of a dumb game. I say this because I suck at it.



I bought me, Heather and Lisa neon capri tights with lace bottoms at Strawberry and now I'm pretty much in love with them. Sure, they look ridiculous, but they are really comfy. Now I know why all those hipsters rock the capris under skirts/dresses look...



Lisa also represented with an LA GEAR jean jacket. It had shoulder pads. Awesome.



Lisa called these country club boys "The Chips."



No offense to the real Chip...



...who, as usual, had us stocked with champagne.



Yes, Kmart still sells jellies.



Rad.

No comments: