Friday, October 05, 2007

A wee bit belated...BUT,

Three weeks ago I went to Austin for the Austin City Limits Music Festival (my third time attending). It was a great time as always with great bands and great (hot!) weather. Even GREATER was getting to spend time with Emily and Steph - Steph having just moved away to Arizona and Emily being stranded in State College, PA. Anyway, here are some photos:

When in Austin, breakfast tacos are a must. I prefer mine sans eggs. I got one chorizo and potato, and one bacon, potato and cheese. Yum.



I got a pulled pork sandwich from Salt Lick for lunch and was pretty disappointed. I think all that amazing North Carolina BBQ ruined me for life. A "pretty good" pulled pork sandwich just doesn't cut it anymore.



Kaiser Chiefs were very fun. The lead singer climbed the scaffolding...but he hurt himself on the way down and limped through the rest of the set.



The Cold War Kids were good.



MIA invited everyone up on stage...then realized that was a horrible idea and kicked them off...only after her back-up singer asked everyone for pot.



Bjork is one crazy lady. She appeared to be wearing a giant gold garbage bag.





Emily brought me a tasty treat from Germany called "BIFI" (as in beefy). She found it in a vending machine and new that I must have it. The picture on the package makes it look like a pre-packaged corn dog, but basically it's a super greasy salami stick coated in some form of bread product.



It smelled like a$$.





MMMMmmm, BIFI.






A must-have accessory for ACL: The cowboy hat.




The sky was pretty during Lucinda William's rocking set.



And also before the night shows.







No comments: