Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Last night I channeled my inner Spice Girl – it was a “girl power” kind of evening.

1)I finally mustered the courage to do something I’ve wanted to do for a while.

2) I went to see Tegan & Sara at Webster Hall. I effing love them, their music just makes me deeply happy and they sounded great live (and had excellent stage banter!). I’m so used to going to these sausage-fest indie rock shows that it was really fun to go to a concert and hear girly squeals from the crowd.

3) On the way home from said concert Andy and I had a really bizarre cab ride.

Cabbie: Can I ask you a question?

Us: Sure

Cabbie: Did you just have the sex?

Us: Um, no. We went to a concert.

Cabbie: Do you have the sex?

Me: Together? (laughs awkwardly)

Andy: No. We’re roommates.

Cabbie: They say that after the sex the women like to cuddle. Or talk. They want to cuddle or talk after the sex. The men. The men, after they give the love they want to sleep. Why is this? Should the men give the cuddle?

Andy: If they want to keep the woman…

At this point Celine Dion’s “Because You loved Me” comes on the radio. I start singing along really loud and the cabbie turns it up full blast for me. This is really the only way this story fits into the “girl power” theme. Celine’s my GIRL!

Anyway, we get to our house and get out of the cab.

Cabbie: Wait.

Me: What?

Cabbie: Turn around. I never got a good look at your face.

Me: Uhhhhhhhh (briskly trots up the stairs into the apartment and checks the locks 40 times before going to bed)

No comments: