Friday, July 29, 2005

My friend Haley wrote the loveliest post about me on her website ( www.haleyneef.com). It made me tear up. I think everyone should be lucky enough to have friends that have known them since elementary school. No matter how much you change, they knew you when you had that really bad fourth grade haircut with thick bangs and sideburns and looked like Elvis. Or when in 8th grade you had sausage bangs that everyone secretly made fun of and you wore terry cloth clothing. They know why your nickname is 2 cents and they were the one to give it to you. They know who your crush was in high school, what car he drove, and the first time you talked to him. They can make fun of you for all this stuff, but they also know you have just as much dirt on them. As I learned in Girl Scouts, "Make new friends, but keep the old-- One is silver and the other's gold."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! I didn't know your nickname was 2 cents... my dad calls me 5 cents. Do you think that by virtue of our nicknames we have a chance of haning out with 50 cent? Just curious! Peace, Nichole