Thursday, July 28, 2005

Today I went to the Bronx Zoo with Jenn, Joel and Christie. Much fun was had by all, but I must warn you that the zoo closes at 5pm-- and they ain't kidding around about that. The clock stikes five and no animals are to be found. It's like they have Dumbledore-like apparation abilities. Stupid us didn't think about that and got there around 3. 12 bucks for 2 hours at the zoo??? I must say, the Mouse House was the highlight of my trip. I've never actually gone in there before, but it was awesome. We saw these rats that were the size of full grown housecats. Actually, they were probably bigger than most housecats. They were the size of raccoons. They have a really pretty name though. They are called "Slender-tailed Cloud Rats." Christie thought I should take one home as a pet cause it really seemed to like me, but I was afraid it might eat my face off. The sign said they eat fruit and shit, but I don't know... This is a picture of one, although it is hard to tell the scale from the picture. Trust me, these things were huge. Also, I feel like the ones we saw were not this white and fluffy. The sign said they can grow up to three feet long. Picture that giant swamp rat from The Princess Bride in the pit of despair...

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Princess Bride Rats = Rodents of Unusual Size