Sunday, May 21, 2006




I had a lovely Saturday.

It started with brunch on Smith Street with Meredith, Julia, and Chip-- I must say, I'm so excited about the growing Brooklyn contingency. It is so nice to wake up on a weekend morning and have plenty of people to call to go grab some grub- AND, as Meredith mentioned to me, it is so nice to have friends who enjoy food as much as I do. Anyway, then Andy, Meredith and I walked down to Red Hook where we stumbled upon a street rummage sale outside of Bait and Tackle. I bought myself the most amazing bright pink boots, meredith got a Slush Puppy trucker hat, and both Meredith and Andy bought a bunch of records. Score! We definitely noticed a lot more traffic (both foot and car) in the area, because the new Fairway has finally opened. I took this picture outside- only to be yelled at by a security guard who made sure to "remind" me that there would be absolutely no cameras allowed in the store. Yeesh. They also had a big sign up saying that their parking lot (which was full) was for customers only and anyone parking to go to the art show (BWAC) across the street would be towed. We did take a trip inside, though, and the place is HUGE. The prices were also pretty great. They had strawberries on sale, two for three bucks- BUT half of the containers already had mold growing on them. Gross. The lines were not very long, though, and the cashiers were really friendly. Our cashier and bag girl really liked my awesome new pink boots and we had a nice long chat about where I had just purchased them. They also found it crazy that Andy and Meredith had purchased records. I must say, I DO usually go back to any place where people are friendly to me, so I would probably shop there again.

After Fairway, we went to the art show across the street (on which they were loading/unloading all the grocery store crap-- another thing I did NOT like about Fairway) on the pier. I must say, most of the art was stuff I might have done in high school...not the highest quality stuff, but there was some good art to be found and it was still a nice stroll-through. Julia just got a new blender, so we came home to freshly-made frozen margaritas- YUM! - and watched some Tiara Girls...

Coach: I've just read an article in your local newspaper about the School Board's decision on abstinence. What do you think about this issue?

Tiara Girl: Well, I think that students should be encouraged to talk to their schools, so they can understand why they're missing class so much!

(Stunned silence. One of the coaches bursts out into shrieking laughter)

God help the youth of America. She also didn't know who the Vice President was and could not name ONE current event. Holy Jee-bus.

I was supposed to go to a movie with Tiffany for work, but we ended up just grabbing some drinks in my hood with Andy and shooting the shit. Overall, a fantastic Saturday, if I do say so myself.









No comments: