Friday, May 19, 2006

I have failed myself. I did not consume the entire thirty inch hot dog...I didn't even come close. Last year, I got all but 5 or 6 inches down before I almost had a "reversal." This year, I maybe got through 12...What was the problem? Not sure really. Maybe my heart just wasn't in it. I knew how miserable it was last year and yet I agreed to do it again. I also tried not eating today to leave room for the hot dog, but by the time I got to Schnack, that just meant my stomach was really really grumpy at me. It definitely did NOT make it more eager to consume 30 inches of encased meat. ALSO, Chef Harry Hawk decided for some reason that this year no "dipping" would be allowed. Now that just sucks. These things come on a full-scale freaking crusty baguette- how are we supposed to get that down without soaking it a little first? ALSO, Erica kept making me laugh.

Oh well, moral of the story is I will probably never enter an eating contest again. Or WILL I??? I just feel like I owe it to myself to do well in one of these things. We did have an awesome crowd- even those lawyer friends of my sister's who kept heckling me and yelled at me for not finishing. Chip and Tom actually finished theirs and earned themselves 10 bucks to spend at Schnack (which at Schnack equals lots of food) and CHIP came in 2nd in the heat, so he makes it to the finals on memorial Day. I'm so proud.

Anyway, the good pictures are coming, but here are some preliminary shots. I gave my camera to Debbie who was, unfortunately, all the way across the room. I'll put better ones up when I get them from the other photogs.













1 comment:

Justin said...

you appear to handle that thing like an expert ;)