Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I saw the most disturbing thing on ESPN2 last night: Professional Paintball. Seriously? Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the weird sports they play on ESPN2: Competitive Eating, Cheerleading, Trained Dog Competitions, Trick Billiards, and (I've only been able to find this one once) Competitive Breaking (martial artists break stuff in creative ways). BUT, I have to draw the line at professional paintball, it's just ridiculous. I could maybe find it acceptable if they got to battle each other in cool sets like giant castles or a huge labyrinth or something, but they didn't even have that. These dudes just got to hide behind inflatable triangles that looked like they belonged at Gymboree. LAME-O. ESPN2, I've lost some respect. I expect a day-long marathon of the Strong Man Competition this weekend as retribution. Thanks.

By the way, this is the site for the Prossional Paintball League. On it, they have a plea for people to write to ESPN2 and ask for more paintball...please don't.
http://www.nppl.tv/site/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try paintball and be blessed!