Friday, March 16, 2007

I got a new job!

[Cue KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See" Ugly Betty style]

That's all I'm gonna say about that because, well, people get fired for talking about their jobs on blogs.

I'm excited to start in two weeks, but it is weird to leave the job I've had for two years (so long!).

It is time to say goodbye to my trusty cube:

Goodbye, boyfriend wall, where I post pictures of my crushes a la a 7th grade locker...



(Yes, that's Jake Gyllenhaal, Elvis, Steven Colbert, Demetri Martin and Seth Cohen)

Goodbye, ANTM Pool bracket and plant that will not die no matter how much I don't water it...



Goodbye, favorite lunch/snack stops like Lahore where I can get real chai and samosas with all the cabbies...



Goodbye, old nasty PC that gives me headaches and all the fortune cookie fortunes that give me daily inspiration and teach me Chinese (Baseball in Chinese is Bang-qiu)...



You have served me well, cube, but it is time for me to make my mark on a new claustrophobia-inducing space. Good luck and God speed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR SAM!! I'm so excited for you...can't wait to hear about it... email details!!!
Miss you:)
Lauren

Matthew said...

Your cubicle looks like a recurring nightmare I have when I eat too many jalepeno poppers.