Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm on a "roll" with these posts! Ha- that's another clever pun, cause guess what? On Saturday night I went bowling!!!

I was extremely excited when Andy told us his Birthday party this year was going to be at Melody Lanes in Sunset Park (36th Street and 4th Avenue, Brooklyn). You see, being a good midwestern gal, I've done a lot of bowling in my day. My parents had bowling league night every Friday when I was a kid, I was on a bowling league after school in 7th grade, and my grandpa even owned a bowling alley when my dad was growing up. It's pretty much in my blood. I was a little nervous at the beginning of my first game, but I came back with like five spares in a row to end up with a 106 (winning score for my team, I might add). Chip beat me in the 2nd round, but I had a strong 120- AND if I weren't cut off in the middle of my third game, I truly think I was well on my way to beating my all time high score of 161. Stupid bowling by time limit, not by number of games. Otherwise, I highly recommend Melody Lanes. For NYC it's the closest you can get to a real bowling experience. They have a snack bar, an awesome bartender, and pitchers of decent beer are 9 bucks. Not bad.











No comments: