Sunday, March 09, 2008

My weekend:

Friday night I had Portuguese sardines and a tasty bottle of wine from Washington State with Erica at Le Petite Crevette.

Saturday was "see how many straight hours Sam can not only stay awake but be social" day. The answer is apparently around 20.

Meredith and Chip picked me up at 9:15 to go to Macy's for a 10 AM bridesmaid's dress shopping appointment. Of course, when we arrived the lady behind the counter told us we were not in their books, but she let us try things on anyway "to be nice." Then another saleslady asked us if we were shopping for prom dresses. Awesome. Glad to know I still look like I could be 17. Christie and I were actually quite thrilled with all the prom dress options and decided to try a few on...





Christie got lost in this one...



This one was my absolute favorite - I felt like Amy Adams in Enchanted.



We basically only tried on funny dresses at Macy's because the saleslady was such a heinous bi-otch and told us everything was either hidious or would only be flattering if Meredith's "girls" all had perfect figures. Cause, you know, clearly none of us do.

Our next stop was Simple Silhouettes in Soho. This is where we're going to get our dresses, but I didn't actually take any pictures there.

I did, however, take a picture of this ridiculous hat Jenn found in H&M... We decided this was Jenn's professional poker playing alter ego "The Black Widow."



After hiding from the blustery weather for 2.5 hours inside Spring Street Natural (and spiking our hot cider with the mini bottles of rum I packed) it was off to Here Comes the Bridesmaid. Yep, that's really the name of the store. No, they don't shout that out when you walk in. I am fairly certain I tried on about 47 dresses there. By the end of that appointment we were pretty much pooped...



...And needed another drink or five. So we walked over to Agozar for two-for-one hapy hour cocktails and a tasty dinner.

Oh, but the day was not over yet.

Christie and I split off from the group and went back to my apartment do I could change into my Bill Cosby sweater. Then we attempted to go to the new bar/restaurant Michele and Patrick of Stinky/Smith and Wine opened up, Jake Walk, but it was too crowded so we popped into Boat instead...

and THEN I met Andy and we went to Stefan's for the Bill Cosby Sweater party...where I remained until approximately 4:30 AM (damn, daylight saving time). Good golly.

The cake was Jello Pudding Shots (chocolate pudding with Kahlua).



Today found me dragging myself out of bed to go to brunch in the city with the Columbia gals. Somehow I managed to make it through, but when I finally got home again I definitely crashed on the couch for a few hours basking in the sun.

Moral of the story: I'm going to bed early tonight.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Sam,
I don't know your timeline for getting bridesmaids dressses, but for both my wedding and the my sister's we got dresses from: www.ariadress.com
They send you dresses in any color or style you want to try on, then you send them back. Then they make all the dresses to order for you. They are in Boston and in LA.
It may seem nuts to order dresses online for such a big deal event, but we were happy with the options and the service.
Hope you are doing well!
Katie (the one who is Emily's friend in FL)