Monday, August 15, 2005

My neighborhood is crawling with celebrities...

1) My sister and I went to see a noon showing of The Aristocrats yesterday at Cobble Hill Cinemas and Rob Cordry from The Daily Show was sitting in the audience by himself.

2) Michelle Williams and her baby's daddy Heath Ledger have been spotted numerous times by me and my roomates in the hood. We figured they lived in Cobble Hill because they were spotted at places like Hill Diner where you wouldn't be traveling from far and wide to go to eat...BUT we now have confirmation. The happy couple is, in fact, currently living on my sisters block in a brownstown at about 2nd and Clinton. My sister was walking her dog yesterday and Linus (the dog) mauled a random dude walking with his lady friend. The dude was Heath Ledger- who apparently beemed and then walked with groceries from Key Foods with Michelle Williams up the stoop to a brownstone. She also passed him on her way back with the dog taking out the trash.

3) My sister spotted Michael Stipe (love of my life, if only he were not gay) sitting on a stoop on Warren between Smith and Court one day.

4) I've spotted Ben Kweller- whose song "My Apartment" is about his Cobble Hill place...

There have been more but I can't think of them right now... just goes to show that celebrities are picking up on what a cool place Brooklyn is...

No comments: