Monday, August 15, 2005

So, as some of you know, I have been really frustrated with Coke's claim to 1 in 12 odds on their under-the-cap contest. I buy at least one 20 ounce diet Coke a day and over the course of the two or so months they have been running the promotion have never won a single free 1 liter of Coke. 1 in 12 my ass.

However, I think I have solved the problem. My coworker Kirk has been spoiling the odds for all of us. Day after day I continue to not win and day after day Kirk ends up with a winning cap. Seriously, he's won like 45 times...

SO, finally today, to test his luck, as I stood in line behind Kirk at the deli, I made him switch bottles with me. We got back to the office, and sure enough, Kirk didn't win today and I WON my first free 1 liter of Coke. Kirk clearly has some freakish sixth sense for winning Coke bottles and it's draining the pool for the rest of us dammit.

No comments: