Sunday, December 03, 2006

As Queen once said...

We are the champions, my friend!





FC Kitchen Sink became league champions with an amazing victory Friday night. And we got trophies!!! I've not been this excited in a really long time- is that sad?

We took our trophy to the bar and drank out of it like the Stanley Cup (a much much smaller version).







All that celebrating left me feeling pooped on Saturday. I went out for breakfast, came back and immediately hopped back into bed. Because I love my bed. Because it's cozy and this is the lovely view from my bed.



Not too many people in New York have a nice tree outside their window. There's nothing more pleasant than cuddling up in bed with a teen novel, basking in sunbeams and listening to the sounds of rustling leaves outside your window...ahhhhh.

Don't worry, I eventually made it out of bed to go eat wings, drink beer and watch football (suck it, USC, but boo, Florida-- BOO!)

This morning I got up bright and early, borrowed the sister and bro-in-law's car, and picked up the girls to go to Woodbury Commons. I've lived in NYC over 7 years and never gone, but it was actually surprisingly pleasant. I got some nice goodies and didn't spend too much money. As a group we walked out with a lot of bags...





...only to find the car's battery was dead BECAUSE I am dumb and didn't realize I had left the lights on all day. The stud muffin 19-year-old security guy gave a us a jump, though, and we managed to make it home. Huzzah!

No comments: