Friday, December 08, 2006

For all you ANTM viewers…I know MELROSE!

Melissa Rose went to my high school and was two years behind me. This is funny because I actually watched the entire season without realizing that she was someone I knew- AND especially ironic because when Naima was on the show I was convinced she went to my high school and would, in fact, declare this every minute of every episode…so much, in fact, that any time I’m watching a reality show with my friend Jenn and someone is from Detroit she says (mockingly), “Did she go to your high school, Sam.” Now that someone actually DID go to my high school I totally didn’t even recognize her. Weird, but I got my old yearbook out, and, sure enough, there she was.

This fact was pointed out to me by my dear friend Haley, who is in visiting from Miami for the week. I won super huge host points yesterday by scoring us VIP tickets to The Colbert Report (a show we both love)- during which, we actually got to meet Steven Colbert (one of my heroes). I’ve been to lots of tapings having been a Page, but they never really lose their excitement factor for me. Good times, good times. Steven Colbert also introduced me to the term “meat hammer”- which I plan to use daily in a sentence, because it is hilarious…

No comments: