Monday, December 11, 2006

I had the treat of having Haley (aka coat rack) visiting me in NYC this weekend.



We had a great time, and I think she now realizes why I've never been able to leave this town. Saturday, I got another visitor: Emily (of Tennessee Tack Tour fame) came in and we went to the Brooklyn Museum to see the Annie Liebowitz exhibit. It was very crowded but good, and there were a few other really great exhibits going on. Go, people, go! Then we went to see Wanda Jackson at Knitting Factory (my fourth time seeing her) and she was amazing as usual. I was really nervous that Haley and her friend wouldn't like it, but they totally dug her (as all great people do).



We went up to a party up by Columbia and were absolutely exhausted on the way to Brooklyn. This is almost how I looked on my way home:



After a nice time catching up with my Columbia gals this afternoon, Andy and I went out and picked out our Christmas tree. It was a tough choice this year. Last year our tree seemed to scream our name immediately. This year we made the guy show us about 45 trees before we picked a winner, but I think we made the right choise-- it's nice and plump. We got a good start on decorating, but then went off for some Sunday Night Supper Club action at Pat's house. Scotch, cigars, good food, good conversation...a great ending to a great weekend.

1 comment:

EmD said...

Your tree is so pretty! And shiny! I am mesmerized.