Sunday, December 17, 2006

'Tis the Season for holiday parties...

Friday night was Katie's annual party.



It's always fun to get gussied up when you have an excuse to. I also love any excuse to rock the bright red lipstick...



...which always makes me feel a little saucier...







Saturday was Latke Fest 2006 at Pat and Joe's.



It is traditional to eat fried foods on Hanukkah because of the significance of oil.



Latkes are fried potato pancakes.



I am a Shiksa, but growing up in West Bloomfield pretty much makes me an honorary Jew so I was pretty well versed at the prayer part...



...but Meredith's a good teacher and made packets for everyone with the Hannukah story- which we read aloud- the second time this week we have had a reading around Pat's dining table...





Then we chowed down. Yum! (yeah, that's the soccer trophy on the table)



Followed by a rousing game of driedel...









Because I am a geek and love it so much, I made T-Shirts for the occasion. I was a "Gelt Digger."



AND Finally, tonight I had some folks over for a lasagna dinner so we could show off our Christmas tree.

I made my lasagna with a mix of hot and sweet sausage- tasty. Not so much healthy, but tasty.





I was a good little Holly Homemaker and made gingersnaps from scratch. Also unhealthy and also tasty.



But don't worry, there was salad too.



I am going to sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Scribe LA said...

Gelt Digger - Sam you crack me up. The food looks so tasty... gingerbread cookies from scratch! When are you coming out to LA with those babies? :-)
Scribe