Friday, May 02, 2008

Hello, Dolly!



Recovered from her back troubles, I finally got to see my idol, Miss Dolly Parton, live in concert at Radio City Music Hall last night. It was everything I hoped it would be.



Memorable quotes from the evening - Dollyisms, if you will:

"People sometimes ask me 'Dolly, why don't you run for President?' and I tell them 'Haven't there been enough boobs in the White House?'"

"There are 2 types of mountain women: The ones that get married and have a lot of babies and the ones that don't get married and have a lot of babies."

"Thanks for spending your money on tickets to my show. I really need the money - cause you know, it costs a lot of money to look this cheap."

"I leave no rhinestone unturned."



9 to 5 was a real crowd-pleaser, so we were all excited when Dolly told us it would probably be coming to Broadway! I had actually already heard about the musical in the works, but it was nice to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.


9 to 5 from Sam L. on Vimeo.

No comments: