Saturday, May 31, 2008

I heart Portland. It's like Brooklyn as an entire city. Or like the Austin of the Northwest. Or just like, you know, a really cool town. I wish my sister and Keil were still here, but after visiting them, I definitely know why they would decide to pack up and head to Oregon.

What do people in Portland love besides beer and espresso? Chickens. These chickens were for sale at a nursery. For ten dollars, you too can have fresh eggs every morning.



Heather and I took the pups to Wahkeenah and Multnomah Falls for some hiking.





Yeah, you try and get these dogs to sit still...

Linus couldn't get enough of the waterfalls.



Me neither.



Ursula? Not so much. Poor thing freaked out.





The postcard shot:





Saturday was a beautiful day so we went to Oregon wine country: the Willamette Valley. Our first stop (at 11 AM) was the Argyle Winery for some superb sparkling wines.



Drinking at 11 AM? That's crazy! They tried to send Heather to the nut house...



Next stop? The very picturesque Elk Cove



What with all the really adorable boys I saw on the streets of Portland, I started imagining my future wedding there...

Heather fully supported such an idea.





Then we had to head back to watch the Red Wings kick some arse. Another great thing about Portland? There's at least one hockey bar! Yay for Claudia's, a place where a Red Wings fan can actually go see hockey on a projector screen with sound with a bunch of other fans. New York, what's your problem??

Our final field trip was to the coast. Pictures speak louder than words in this case.









On our drive up the coast we stopped for some amazingly delicious Tillamook ice cream. They sure had some bizarre crap in their gift shop - like this wiener dog with a...butt plug?



The Oregon coast is a lot like the Northern California coast. There were a million places to just stop and take in the gorgeous views.



Trust me when I tell you there's a bald eagle in this tree... 'Tis but a speck in this picture, but it was there.



Of course, I also consumed a whole bunch of good food, great beer, and the best cappuccino I've ever had.

I leave you with these words of wisdom:

No comments: