Friday, February 24, 2006

I finally did it last night.

I sang at an open mic night. So much fun.

I went to the open mic at Lillie's in Red Hook a lot with Andy in the summer and she was always trying to get me to perform a song, but I never followed through. I made Andy learn a song for me, but I never made it up on stage. But YESTERDAY I did it! I went with Andy and his friend to Liberty Heights Tap Room (also in sunny Red Hook) with all intentions of just being an audience member. However, there were approximately 5 other people there, so I decided if there were ever to be a good time to sing in public (with the exception of karaoke) this was it. I sang "Funky" by Toni Price through a headcold with Andy and an old dude backing on guitars and Andy's friend Jaime on drums. I don't know if I sounded okay or not, but it didn't matter because there were only 3 people in the room not on stage. I even came back up later to do backup vocals on some other songs. Such a rush. It definitely confirmed for me how much I love being on stage no matter what the hell I'm doing up there. I guess I'm just an attention whore. I forgot to bring my camera, so there are no pictures of the event, but, of course there probably wouldn't have been any anyway because I would have had no one to take one for me...

In other news, FC Kitchen Sink braved the frigid arctic wind in Chelsea today to kick some serious soccer tail. I think the final score was 5 to ZERO (us being the victors)-- yeehaw! Playoffs start next week-- fingers crossed! I'm gonna need some luck, cause I sustained a hefty knee to the groin today and MY knee has apparently decided that running is the devil and yells at me for 24 hours following physical activity by way of a throbbing pain that makes me want to cry. Yay.

ALSO, I'm going to the New York Comic-con (big comic book conference) this weekend for work...I can't wait to see all the dudes dressed as Spiderman playing D&D and Magic the Gathering. I most certainly will NOT forget to bring my camera to that...I just hope I'm allowed to take pictures! Maybe I'll even find myself a Seth Cohen-ish comic geek boyfriend!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

wow, i wish that my job was sending me to comic cons!