Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Why are people always knocking Valentine's Day? I, for one, love this holiday...and I've never even had "Valentine." No, my love for Valentine's Day stems from the sheer pleasure I get from watching men stand in line outside flower shops in 30 degree weather, carrying around large balloons shaped like teddy bears, and otherwise maiming their manhood. It pretty much ranks up there with that Diet Dr. Pepper commercial. Every year I look forward to seeing just how ridiculous these gifts can get. And, folks, I've already spotted my first ridiculous Valentine's gift this year: Pussywillows. Yes, a young hipster dude was riding home on the subway last night carrying a large bouquet of pussywillows. Now, I fully understand the desire to be a little bit more original than the traditional roses, but, here are some words of wisdom: If it has the word "Pussy" in it, it probably doesn't qualify as romantic. Plus, it isn't a flower. It's a stick with fuzzy things on it.

No comments: