Friday, April 14, 2006

Jenn gave me the coolest/weirdest Easter present ever yesterday:

RED Peeps.

RED ones! Apparently they are a Target Easter exclusive. SO bizarre...and kind of twisted...I mean, I get that Target is all about brand recognition and identifying their brand with the color red...but these are pretty much blood red and for a holiday about a man being crucified...maybe we should all eat red Peeps from now on for the Eucharist...

I haven't tasted the bloody chicks yet, but I'll let you know. In general, I LOVE the things. Every year, my mom sends me a box for Easter filled with all sorts of Easter basket goodies. This usually includes about 3 boxes of the yellow chicks, and sometimes I get pink bunnies as well. My NEW favorite are the Strawberry Cream Eggs. SO tasty. They make them as hearts for Valentine's Day as well, check them out. Unfortunately, my capacity for Peep intake has seriously diminished over the past few years, and last year I think two boxes of Peeps sat up on our fridge for like 6 months...Mom, If you are reading this, I love the Peeps, but maybe only one box this year, okay? Actually, I feel a bit sad, because I have yet to receive an Easter care package this year...is one coming at all? Mom, just because I'm 24 now doesn't mean I don't like getting boxes of candy...

1 comment:

Whitney said...

i love this picture because there is the red wings hockey puck in the background. GO WINGS!