Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Recipe of the Week (A.K.A. The only recipe I have ever and quite possibly will ever post on this site)

PEPPERMINT PATTIE BROWNIES (A.K.A. The Freshman Fifteen)

One fine day in college (maybe Junior year?), one of my roommates had the brilliant idea to put York Peppermint Patties in brownies. My life has never been the same. This has been the traditional dessert for my group of friends for going on five years now. The recipe is pretty damned simple:

1) Buy a bag of mini York Peppermint Patties
2) Buy a box of brownie mix
3) Make the brownie batter following the instructions on the box
4) Pour half the batter into the brownie pan
5) Unwrap approximately 16 York Peppermint Patties
6) Place these on top of the batter in the pan (evenly spaced)
7) Pour the rest of the batter on top (cover up the patties)
8) Bake as directed on the box
9) When they are done, eat them
10) Scream in ecstasy

That is all. Thank me later when you've gained 45 pounds.

1 comment:

oakland heidi said...

Just reading this post made me fat. I love it.