Sunday, April 09, 2006

T.G.I.S. (Thank goodness it's Sunday!)

I've been busy every single day this week-- today is a Godsend (no pun intended).

My dear friend Emily who lives in Austin was in town and it was great to see her, but I am pooped. Friday night FC Kitchen Sink was victorious over Hasselhoff (yes, that's their team name, how fitting) with Meredith scoring a beautiful goal- go Mere! We went out for drinks as usual after but then made the mistake of deciding to go to Dallas BBQ for old-times-sake...I really in no way needed that much BBQ nor that much sickeningly sweet margarita...It was one of those classic nights where I was happy drunk when we were out and then as soon as I got home I realized I was going to be seriously ill. Not pretty. Needless to say, I missed brunch the next morning...

When I finally got out of Katie's bed (I slept over instead of going back to Brooklyn) I was starving so I went to the grocery store. It's always a bad idea to go to the grocery store when you're insanely hungry. I walked out of there with 2 apples, a box of mac and cheese, a carton of skim milk and a giant bag of baked Cheetos. Apparently, I was craving cheese products. Katie came home to find me lounging on her couch finishing off the mac and cheese and with a half empty bag of Cheetos in the kitchen. I think she probably felt really proud to be my friend at that moment...

My really healthy eating continued into the evening with a trip to The Heights for dinner (wings, nachos and a steak burrito- mmmm) and then we went to see Friends With Money. Go see it. It was a truly lovely film. I mean, I think many people would see it as depressing, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters were all so great and so real. I only wish it could have been longer- I really felt like I could watch these peoples' lives forever.

Anyway, I finally got a good night's rest and went on a bike ride into Red Hook this morning and it is sunny and beautiful out and I am feeling GREAT! Hope you all are feeling the same this morning.























No comments: