Thursday, September 21, 2006

EMILY & SAM'S TENNESSEE TACK TOUR- DAY 4- SUNDAY, AUGUST 6TH- NASHVILLE

We started the day in the lobby of The Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum and bought the all-inclusive tour pass so that we could go to Studio B, Ryman Auditorium and the Museum.



Emily and I belonged on the Porter Wagoner Show with Dolly. Many people don't realize that Dolly actually wrote "I Will Always Love You" about Porter Wagoner. Actually makes a lot of sense when you listen to it.





Studio B: Elvis played this piano.





I danced my way out of Studio B and over to the Ryman Auditorium...The original home of the Grand Ole Opry (until the 70s when it moved to it's current home). Mr. Ryman actually originally built the place to house an old-time revival when he found Jesus.





AND finally back to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum-- the building is full of symbolism, and as you can see, looks like a giant keyboard.



They had video footage of one of my favorite people in the world, Miss Wanda Jackson. I've seen her live three times and I love her to death. She's a little pistol that one.



Wanda Jackson used to perform with Elvis (here's proof) and even has his ring-- she'll tell you all about it if you go to hear her live.



True country style: Webb Pierce's car as designed by Nudie (seriously, that is the name of the guy that makes all those flashy suits). Yes, that's a silver-plated rifle.



Not to be outdone, Elvis' goldplated piano.



They love Dolly at the Country Music Hall of Fame- as well they should-- she's all over that place.



I really dug this guitar of Emmylou Harris'.



That night, we went out on Broadway to all the classic (and yes, probably touristy) honky tonks. First we went to Tootsie's Purple Orchid. Check out this guy's red shorts. They're old fashioned baseball shorts. He was dancing, spotted a penny on the ground, got SO excited, picked it up and put it in his shoe-- his right shoe, as he told us, so he'd "always be right."



This man danced with every lady in the bar, but not really in a creepy way, just because he liked to dance...and I tell you, I sure had fun!



Our final stop was at Robert's Western World. Gee, I wonder why they call it that...



Overall, our first real day in Nashville was a success. I was really excited to spend two more days exploring.

No comments: