Monday, February 19, 2007

Oy. What a gluttenous weekend...

Katie's Birthday was last week, so we celebrated with a little Columbia reunion.

It started with the Columbia women's basketball game Friday night...



...and was all downhill from there. Emily, Debbie and Laura were ALL in town and we hit up the Columbia staple Am Caf-- which is now "Amsterdam Cafe and Tapas Lounge." Bizarre. We brought the dance party.









Katie was really excited about all her visitors...



I knew Emily was coming because creative breaking was playing on ESPN...it was like they KNEW. Only Emily likes creative breaking as much as I do.



DAY TWO started out at George Keeley's on the Upper West Side. We were hoping to watch the Arizona vs. UCLA game for Steph but it was blacked out, SO we drank bloody marys and played darts instead. Ah well. FYI, George Keeley's has some bloody good bloody marys.



Then it was off to dinner in Little Italy followed by Katie's official Birthday party at Biddy Early's...which was crashed by approximately 75 juniors in high school. I pulled the whole "I'm taking this picture of my friend but I'm really taking a picture of the teen boys in the background" trick a few times...



On this one I think the actual subject is a girl's thong hanging out at the bar...



And this one is meant to point out the 17-year-old couple hooking up on the pool table AND the skanky girl in the wide belt...It's ten o'clock do you know where your children are???



We all had such a great time, though. I took about 179 pictures, so I had to edit them down a bit to the more internet friendly ones...



Steph and Em kicked high schooler butt at beer pong. Ah, the things Ivy League schools teach us. These boys were the self-proclared beer pong champs of Long Island.



So sassy...



...and the weekend-long dance party continued. I put 50 songs on the juke box. I kid you not. It took like 25 minutes to put them all in.



Notice how I'm not putting any pictures up of me below the upper torso...That's because my belly was distended like an Ethiopian child from eating so much food all day...



And then things got a little wild...



Can we just take a second and observe how much shorter than my friends I am?







This was a sock-off. I totally won with my striped knee socks.



It was a long ride home...



But we found a BMX motor bike parked outside- which Emily and I obviously had to ride.





At that point my camera battery ran out due to the fact that I hadn't been home all weekend...BUT

Sunday we went to Dave & Busters in Times Square and it was surprisingly tons of fun. We each put in 7 bucks to get a game card and played games all afternoon. Skee ball is my personal fave. We used the tickets we won to buy candy and I felt like I was 9 again. Dinner was at Saigon Grill- mmmmm pho ga- followed by dessert at Cafe Lalo (are you beginning to understand why my stomach is angry at me today?).

After an actual GOOD night's sleep in my own bed (as opposed to the couch I've been sleeping on all weekend) I woke up this morning to meet up with my sister, her husband, Lisa and Shmu for brunch at Cafe Con Leche (this weekend was all about the Upper West Side) followed by a Jackass 2 viewing party and "dinner" at Dive Bar. Hence the "Oy" at the beginning of this post.

I've dedicated the rest of this week to eating salads- except for beer and brats tomorrow night that is... My bad.

No comments: