Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ah, the New York City subway system: Providing blogger fodder for dorks like me since, I dunno, whenever blogs were invented...

Anyway, TWO subway events of note occurred today.

First off, I was riding the F train to work this morning and was lucky enough to grab a seat at Jay Street next to a woman who was reading some sort of packet and making notations in it. Not gonna lie, I always take a peak at whatever the person next to me is reading-- I don't think it's unreasonable. I'm curious/Nosy and, let's be honest, you all do it too. However, there has got to be some sort of limit on what you can and cannot read on the subway. I looked at this document the woman was holding and it was titled "permanency Hearing Report." Now, in case you don't know, a permanency hearing is basically when a judge hears the case as to what should happen to a kid who has been placed in Child Protective Services. I don't know about you, but if I was a kid who had been taken away from my parents and sent to a foster home, I don't think I'd be too keen on the idea of someone evaluating my future in blue ballpoint pen at 9:15 AM on a crowded subway. I'd like to think this was some sort of very difficult and PRIVATE decision. Maybe it's just me. I'll stick to reading the Gossip Girl series. If people want to take a look-see over my shoulder, I think it's okay if they find out that Serena slept with Nate...but I won't be taking a look at the results of my pap smear on the subway any time soon.

Second, Jenn found this on the subway bench when we got on to go to Meredith's tonight:



Are you a promiscuous female (or interested in maybe being promiscuous for a little while)? If so, there's a promiscuous male out there looking for you! Thank God. Apparently, depending on your race, you may be more or less interested in this proposition...



Two Things:
1) This appeared to be some sort of photocopied flier...has anyone else found one of these on the subway?
2) Is this some researcher's clever way to hunt down promiscuous women? A practical joke someone is playing on his friend? A serious hunt for some booty? I haven't called the number, but maybe tomorrow I will call from work and see who answers...if you call the number, let me know what happens!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and i think that's luther vandross in the white blazer coming to the hoff's aid

Anonymous said...

I actually saw the guy who was posting these and believe me it was a serious hunt for some booty. He had a pony tail and was wearing a home made, cardboard sign that said something to the effect of "God's gift to women". hilarious