Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I have flat feet.

I guess I already kind of always new this, but today a doctor actually officially told me this as a diagnosis. I never really thought it was an issue, but I went to the orthopedist thinking he was going to tell me that my knee has been killing me because I tore a ligament in what must have been a nasty soccer battle...but, oh no, he simply says, "You do know you have flat feet don't you?" Who knew flat feet could cause such problems? The thing is, I ran track and cross country for years growing up. In fact, there were YEARS in elementary school that I was well known as the fastest girl in my class...and that was WITH flat feet. Imagine if I weren't at a genetic disadvantage...I could be a gold medal winner right now. Instead, I'm sitting here nursing my left knee and cursing my ugly, especially stinky, gigantic flat feet. Bitches. Now I have to go see a podiatrist- who will, without a doubt, tell me that I have to wear some nasty brown orthopedic shoes for the rest of my life (what, am I 90?), I have to go to physical therapy twice a week for a month, and I have to wear a stupid knee brace. Bitches. my sister has perfect arches, perfect teeny little feet that fit her body, perfect little toe nails, the perfect foot scent...what the hell? Why did she hit the genetic lottery on feet? Can only one sister have perfect feet at a time? Well, at least I've got my ghetto booty. She's got no butt. I got all the junk in the trunk for the sisterhood. That's all I got. What more can i say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude. my feet smell like ass.
but they do have a damn fine arch going on.