Saturday, January 07, 2006

I have joined a soccer league.

Beat.

That space was for Lauren, Tracee and Haley to laugh out loud. Yes, I spent many of my high school years drooling over the men's soccer team. I couldn't help it, they WERE the cutest boys in our class...

BUT, I've never met a sport/activity I didn't like and, I must say, SOCCER IS SO MUCH FUN!!!

We had our first game last night and will have games every Friday night until mid-March. Yes, we are playing outside. Yes, in the middle of winter. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger... I did discover, however, that I am grossly out of shape. I think I was out of breath after about 3 and a half minutes. I also discovered that I say "fuck" a lot when I play sports.

Here are a few pics of Kitchen Sink United. Sorry, only one is during the actual game. First off, I played almost the whole time. Second, it's dark out. Flash does no good and action without flash ends up blurry. I'll try and work something out for future games...









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my god! so fun! I want to play!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have a few questions and comments.
First, I did NOT laugh out loud. Mostly due to the fact that it is you, and random is your middle name (or is it Morgan??)
Second, didn't you start an entry awhile back that said you joined an Improv group? Is that still a fact too? Cuz that was pretty damn random too and I forgot to ask about it when you were in town.
Third, who named the team? In my mind, Kitchen Sinks Unlimited was definitely a creation of Samantha Random Lee. Hmm, unless (and i seriously JUST thought of this) they are an actual company and your sponsors. But my gut reaction was that you made up the name yourself.
Finally, YOU PLAYED ALMOST THE WHOLE GAME!! GO SAM!! I don't know much about sports, but doesn't that mean you're good or something? WOOOP!
Love you and miss your two-cents-ness already,
Lauren

Captain Oats said...

That is frakin awesome.