Sunday, January 08, 2006

Last night was friendship night with Katie and Stephanie. We went to Blondies and watched the Redskins game for Katie. Actually, I was kind of watching the World's Strongest Man competition more...Who the heck makes up these challenges? I remember this one time when the competition was in Vegas and they had an event called the "Showgirl Lift" where the dude had to do squats holding the weight of showgirls on a platform above his head. The goal was to keep adding showgirls until he could no longer complete a full squat...brilliant. Anywho, the Redskins won so Katie was happy.



Then we went up to Stephy's apartment cause we never go there and went to watch the Patriots game at The Roadhouse, a bar on 108 and Amsterdam. I must say, we brought the party. It's a fairly empty bar, but a nice little spot. $8 pitchers of Sam Adams and a friendly bartender (this time...sometimes there's this grumpy dude...). They have lots of games to play, which, in my opinion, makes for a strong bar-- Ms. Pacman/Galaga (or as Steph would say, "Galagulia"), erotic photo hunt (yeehaw!), and the best of all was this punching bag game to test your strength. Stephanie proved to be the strongest of the three of us, and, before we knew it, we had started a competition to find the strongest person in the bar. The entire place was so into it! The strongest person in the bar turned out to be the bartender, which I would expect since he probably hits that bag like 45 times a week, but Stephy held her own pretty well. I was predictably weak. All that punching got us all riled up and I showed Steph all the hitting tricks I learned growing up with an older sister (how to slap opening you hand at the last possible second for maximum effect and how to properly karate chop). I think I have some bruises today (not sure which are from soccer and which are from Stephy abusing me...). Another good hour was spent playing erotic photo hunt. Gotta love any game that requires you to yell, "panties!" "nipple!" "thong strap!" and my favorite, "pearl necklace!" in order to help you fellow players. Definitely got hit on by a few creepy men. One of whom nicknamed me "8 mile" and was all, "8 mile is afraid of me" and I didn't argue...Overall, a fun night. Enjoy the picks.





Karate chops!



My guns weren't packing much ammo...





Creepy dude said this picture was very "Park Slope." Ha!

No comments: