Monday, October 16, 2006



Cardamom? More like carda-YUM

After a fun, but exhausting Birthday weekend (pictures to come) and a sketch show last night, I was left a little hoarse so I decided to get some tea at lunch. Most people know Mamoun’s for their falafel, but I actually go for shawarma and tea. I was disappointed because the shawarma wasn’t ready when I got there today (lamb is pretty much my favorite meat), but the tea totally hit the spot. They serve some sort of black tea with cardamom and it’s the tastiest tea on a crisp fall day. Go there and order a hot tea with one sugar and you won’t be disappointed.

I heart cardamom in general, and another one of my favorite treats is Hampton Chutney Co.’s cardamom coffee. It’s a little pricey, but very tasty indeed.

Both places are pretty close to work for me and I consider myself very lucky.

In other food news, I have recently discovered a great new jerky product. Jack Link’s has a bunch of new lines out and my favorite is the Premium Cuts. I bought a pack of the Teriyaki Beef Steak Nuggets the other day and they were delicious. Great for breakfast!

Due to my widely-known obsession with meat, half my Birthday presents were meat-related…I got bacon Band-Aids, gummy bacon, a steak lunch box, and an assortment of Italian cured meats…Yum!

The Birthday party itself went off without a hitch. I’ll write more about that later, but for now, here are some pictures I was forwarded by friends today. They’re a little “Last Night’s Party” cause apparently the moment you put on Goth clothes you turn into a slut…there’s just something about it.

The TV Night Girls:



"My hood shades me from the dark realities of life..."



Couples that hate together stay together...



Gloomy roomies:



Dance Party:





That's all Blogger wants me to post for now, apparently...more to come...

No comments: