Sunday, October 01, 2006

Due to a little too much fun yesterday, I celebrated No Pants Sunday today. Definitely haven't left my house and was laying in bed till approximately 6pm...oops.

Friday night I played half a soccer game and hopped in a cab to go perform with Fortified Mustard in an improv show. Now, in general, I hate taking cabs: a) because I'm cheap and b) because they make me sick- BUT, I was in a major time crunch and I had to get from 11th Ave all the way to Ave A, so I made an exception...Of course the one time I do take a cab, the traffic was HORRIBLE due to a giant piece of crane that had fallen from a construction site around Union Square. After 45 minutes, I had only made it to 17th Street and 2nd Avenue...I paid the cabbie ten bucks, got out and walked the rest of the way. UGH.

Columbia's Homecoming game was yesterday, so I slept at Stephy's house to be closer to Baker Field in the morning. We recognized maybe 5 people at the game, but we had a good time anyway.



In order to prevent under age drinking, Columbia now has a school sponsored tailgate party pre-game- and give out FOUR free beers to anyone of age with a ticket...So that meant being fairly drunk by the time the game started shortly after noon...yikes. Judging by this line up of empty 40s outside the stadium, this new policy didn't actually prevent folks from drinking...



Columbia lost...big surprise...and I headed back to Brooklyn for dinner and a party at our place for Chip and Meredith's Birthdays...which lasted roughly till 5 AM...hence the day in bed. The theme of the party was "Black & White" so everyone looked pretty spiffy. I took the opportunity to buy myself a fun new vintage dress on Ebay.



1 comment:

Scribe LA said...

Cute dress. Now I want to go shopping, too :-)
Scribe