Monday, October 30, 2006



It was home to Michigan for me and my sister this weekend. Instead of going home for Thanksgiving we like to pick a University of Michigan football game to go home for (my mom has had season tickets for as long as I can remember). I was super excited because the Tigers were also playing in the World Series and I thought maybe I'd be home for the last games in Detroit...

Well, those hopes were soon dashed as they choked a biggie Friday night. BUT I did get to see The Hold Steady at Magic Stick Friday night. Yeah, I went from Brooklyn to Detroit to see a band from Brooklyn... Heather and I were curious to see what their fan base was like in Detroit since they sell out every show here. Well, Magic Stick was pretty packed by the time they came on, so I'd say they have a lot of Detroit fans. Apparently no girls like music in Detroit though- my sister and I were 2 of probably 8 girls at the venue. Major sausage fest. Also, there was a group of (maybe) 16 year old boys there that was so wasted but so excited. It really might have been the first time they had ever been drunk, and I must say, it was pretty amusing. One of them literally yelled "Cigarettes and alcohol!!!" before the show (and then they all high fived). The show was really great. I actually don't dig listening to their albums so much, but they put on a heck of a show.

Saturday Michigan took on Northwestern (and won) in the pouring (and freezing) rain. Yahoo. Luckily I brought my sleeping bag coat with me, so I managed to stay relatively cozy. Nothing can compare to seeing a game at the Big House. Nothing. Attendance is over 100,000 every game-- even this one in the nasty weather.

Saturday night was spent at Caribou Coffee & The Village Place...cause that's how geeky my friends are...BIG shout out to Miss Lauren, who is the biggest fan of this blog and one of the major reasons I started it in the first place. She says I will never get a boyfriend if boys I like read this blog...she may be right...shit. Tracee also happened to be in town AND I got the super bonus of seeing Pei Un. It was like a middle school reunion.

Sunday we did some good old fashioned mini-mall shopping and had Buddy's Pizza for dinner. Mmmm Buddy's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, yay for middle school reunions and shoutouts!! though i AM jealous you had buddy's without me...
lsqrd