Friday, October 20, 2006

Well, it’s official: I’m the girl with no gaydar.

Andy pointed my attention to this article this morning...

My beloved George from Grey’s Anatomy is gay. Sadness all around. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a problem with the fact he’s gay, I have a problem with the fact it means that, yet again, I have developed a crush on a guy that likes guys…which only hammers home the fact that I am desperately attracted to gay men- WHICH is clearly a problem for a straight girl. What is a girl to do when she’s fundamentally attracted to guys that don’t like women?

I don’t think I’ve ever had a crush, or even dated anyone that my friends haven’t questioned the sexuality of at least once…Obviously the guys I have dated were, in fact, straight (or at least I think so…) but it worries me a little that I’m never sure at first…

I rarely give someone “the eye” but lately there have been a few times when I tried giving a guy “the eye,” thought I was doing a pretty good job of it…thought to myself, “you go girl, work it!” …And then the guy I was giving “the eye” to started giving another guy a sensual back massage…DAMN. Foiled again. It actually happened just this morning on the subway. Not the massage part, but the checking out a guy and then realizing he was flirting with another guy thing.

The overall problem, I suppose, is that I like artsy, nerdy types with good style- and the intersection of these traits is the corner of Gay Street and Questionable Lane.

1 comment:

Scribe LA said...

Gay Street and Questionable Lane - Oh Sam.... you are so funny... I also have no Gaydar, but not usually to your degree. I never figured TR Knight was gay, but I always thought something was a little off when he was like over obsessing about Meredith and even now with Calle. And he always seems disinterested even when he's saying something nice to her. At first I thought it might just be the George character, now as it turns out, it might be the actor putting out those vibes into his character.
Scribe
Hmmmmmm.