Monday, October 16, 2006

Friday night was my Goth-chic-themed Birthday party. I was glad to see everybody (well mostly everybody) get into the whole costume thing.

Wigs are so much fun. I had on a wig that made me look like some sort of bordello babe and my friend Vanessa walked by me about three times before she recognized me. Katie looked completely different with this black wig on.



As a whole, I was going for an 80s Goth prom queen...I think my sister liked it. She likes any time I actually make myself look remotely hot.



Dressing Goth really goes to your head. I just couldn't take a picture without making a snarl or some sort of sultry face.



Chip and I have an ongoing quest to master the "come hither" look.





Emily came all the way from State College, PA for the occasion. Okay, so, actually her mom and aunt were also going to be in town, but it was really fun to have her there. A few years ago she totally surprised me by coming here from Austin for my Birthday and it was the best surprise I've ever gotten.



I really got into decorating and doing crafty things to promote the theme. I made "bloody" red velvet cupcakes, red punch, and this obscene red raspberry Jell-O mold.



I also made a pinata for the occasion. I used to make pinatas all the time for extra credit in high school (yeah, public school) and have become a pinata expert of sorts...It had been a while since I made one, but I managed to turn out a semi-decent bloody unicorn...





...which I took outside and beat to a bloody pulp.





I wanted everyone to take turns, but apparently everyone else liked just watching me destroy the thing, so I got infinite whacks until the street outside my apartment was strewn with gummy fangs and boxes of Nerds.



And then I celebrated by wearing its corpse as a hat.





But my sister got angry and bit me...



Stefan looked like my prom date, so we took the quintessential prom shot.



There was a whole lot of skin and eye makeup goin' on.



Emily and I purchased the same spider web sleeves...I have to admit, I really dig them. I might just start wearing them to work...



I put in red "party" bulbs.



It was so Hell-ish it was heavenly.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had a blast!
ps lamb is pretty much my favorite meat too! wahoo for meat!