Thursday, October 05, 2006

No sleep till Brooklyn.

No kidding.

That pretty much sums up my past two days.

I spent approximately 21 hours of them in San Francisco. That means 27 hours on a plane or in an airport. Joy.

Upside: I had a layover in Chicago, which meant Chicago airport food. It's hard to find a brat in New York, so I definitely enjoyed my airport brat done Chicago style (onions, pickles, tomato, ketchup, mustard...the works!). You may have noticed by now that I have a strong appreciation for encased meats. It's true. I grew up in the Midwest, my mom's German and my dad's Italian, so I guess it's just in my blood. I come from a long line of sausage lovers...

Also, I got off the plane last night and headed straight to the Beastie Boys show at Hiro. The Beastie Boys are always an absolute blast to see- especially at a small venue. The crowd was kinda frat boy-ish, but even with my total lack of energy, they got me jumping around all crazy-like. And when they performed "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" I was SO there. Cause, for me, last night it was SO true.

No comments: